Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Here we are...

Hi everyone! Here it is, our blog. I know, I got on the bandwagon a bit late, as you can tell by the picture, it's only a year and 4 months old :) Anyway, here's us in a nutshell...

It's been 16 months since we became "Whiting, party of three." And wow, it's been amazing. I'm not going to lie, we've had our fair share of sleepless nights, messy diapers and spit up accidents, but we've also had so many laughs and amazing memories this last year. Ella Rene joined our family on June 2nd, 2007. Who knew that the love of our lives would be a red-headed little girl! (I have a soft spot for my red heads) She's sooooo much fun! She's walking and talking up a storm now. Every morning, I go into her room to get her out of bed and her first words of the day are " Hi Mama." It melts my heart every time.

As for Dad and Mom...

Trey is working for Infusion software. He's really loving it there, and just got a new position in sales that we're super excitied about. Oh, and did I mention, he's the world's best dad! Ella adores her Daddy!!! He never runs out of patience and love for his little lovebug.

I am still working at my salon doing hair a couple of days a week. It works out really well. I get to me home with my girl during the week, and still get some grown up conversation on my two-day-a-week schedule. It's great being a mom, i wouldn't trade it for anything, but I love my job and am really thankful for the ability I have to juggle both.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Be patient with me, I'm learning. Hopefully I'll be better at updating this blog than I am at sending pictures and letters and things. So, stay tuned....

4 comments:

Whitings said...

Welcome to the blogging world Lauren. I really like your background, it is definitely you. I'm excited to get to hear more about your guy's lives, and I LOVE seeing pictures of Ella! Your blog looks great, and enjoy! Love you!

buddyandsarahaws said...

Yeah! Cute blog, glad you finally joined the blogging world. :)

ambrosia said...

Welcome! welcome! welcome! the blog is adorable but not as adorable as ELLA! she is so cute! im so excited you are bloggin

becki said...

Look at your super cute blog!!!! i found it! Just so you know